On her 50th birthday everything changes. The kids are now grown and have moved out, her husband asked for a divorce and even her career and financial survival are endangered, due to the global financial crisis.
All she's left with is doubt and regret. But then she finds a new friend who adds a new perspective to life.
But sadly life seems to hold more bad surprises in store and all too soon that friend is taken away from her again.
What is she left with now?
An unexpected vacation in Vancouver turns all that around. All of a sudden she is able to see things for what they really are and understand why life has changed the way it did, but most of all she can now see that her future is going to be bright and just how easily she can get what she really wants in life!
This feel-good novel has been compared to the Meg Ryan-Comedy “French Kiss” and with 40 recipes and more than 250 photographs of Vancouver and many a delicacy it is as the same time a travel guide and a cookbook, mainly featuring delicious cakes and other baked goodies.
Did you know, that almost anyone can tile a simple mosaic floor? It is neither costly, nor very diffucult to do, as we will show you in this book.
This is another DIY-adventure that our family tried out on our old farm and the result was rather stunning. We will show you in many pictures just how we did it and what the final result was.
It often took us only three days per room and was great fun to do, because not only is the result very rewarding, it was also wonderful to be able to be creative on a job which otherwise might just have been a sour duty.
Scandinavian sauna culture is known all over the world and considered a luxurious experience close to nature.
But building a sauna neither has to be expensive, nor time-consuming. In fact you don't even need a lot of space nor much experience. This is the story of how a normal family built their own sauna - completely from scratch, and with a very low budget.
Illustrated with many photographs and 2 drawings this book is a step-by-step DIY-adventure which explains how our family did it and made the dream of our own indoor-sauna come true!
Link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BE9FBK0
In the USA alone 2,3 million children are home-schooled, with the home-schooling population rapidly growing!
But home-schooling isn't only a realistic choice in the United States. In fact people are home-schooling all over the world and these days it's easier than ever before.
This is perhaps the most comprehensive guide on home-schooling ever published, because it shows all you need to know, if you want to go all the way as a home-schooling parent. Once you decide to leave the beaten path, the teaching is no longer just a way of getting through a curriculum; it becomes a way of preparing your child for life. It is also a turning away from sour duties and crowded, noisy classrooms; instead, all of a sudden, it becomes a free life chosen together with your loved ones.
"Home-schooling is fun!" will show you:
- how easy it is to home-school - for everyone!
- the exact steps of how to start up in your country.
- which materials to use.
- how to administrate the teaching.
- how to deal with the authorities.
- how to do it so effectively that it's not a time-consuming duty, but an enjoyable pleasure.
- lots of links, so you can connect up to other parents or home-schooling activities.
Did you know that ...
- home-schooling is a legal option in most countries across the world?
- most parents don't really dare to make the big jump, because they just don't know enough about it?
- it doesn't matter if you are a teacher, or even if you have any education at all, because surveys show that even the children of parents who don't have a college degree still score better on tests than state school pupils
Would you believe that...
- you save your country a fortune* by home-schooling your child, and that the new home-schooling trend could be a big contribution in turning the economy around? (* approximately $ 16 billion per year in the US alone!)
- we spent no more time on home-schooling our youngest son, than we spent on supporting our eldest son through state school?
"Home-schooling is fun!" will inform you about:
- what the different types of independent learning are
- what un-schooling really is
- what the basics of studying are - so you and your child can study any subject.
- what to do when your child is hyperactive or troublesome in other ways, and how to ensure that your family stays close together and happy.
- how to teach your child social responsibility and manners.
- how to bring up children so they are self-disciplined.
- how to make sure your child is and stays healthy.
- how to have a happy family life.
If you should live in one of the few countries where home-schooling is not a legal option, you can still use the information from this book to create a happy family life, to help your child to follow the school's curriculum, and to handle the daily challenges that a life with children offers. Amazon-link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BAA1V1G
Everything written in this blog is only meant as a basis for discussion. Nothing on this blog or in our books is supposed to be seen as expert-advice.
CONSTRUCTION, ENERGY AND ALL KNOW-HOW-TOPICS
We pass on things that work for us and wish to inspire and to put forward ideas for discussion. We do not claim to be experts. If you engage in constructing/building anything, do seek professional advice.
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL MATTERS
Any statements are to be seen as inspirational input only. Whatever you do because of reading this blog or our books is your sole responsibility
HEALTH MATTERS Neither our books nor anything posted on this blog is an encouragement to refuse medical help or other necessary treatment. If you stop taking medication or will not see a doctor/therapist when needed, you alone bare the entire responsebility for that.